function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
M ParnellM Parnell 

Build a Battle Station App: Add Business Logic

Step 6: For the Error Condition Formula, you want to prevent the record from being saved for an Exhaust Port Inspector with a utilization of less than 150%. Enter the formula as AND(Name = "Exhaust Port Inspector", Utilization__c < 1.5).

I created the formula but receive the following error:
Step Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The validation rule does not appear to have the correct error formula. Make sure Exhaust Port Inspectors have > 150% utilization'
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps.

So I changed the formual to the following: AND(Name="Exhaust Port Inspector", Utilization__c>1.5), but still receive the same error message.

Best Answer chosen by M Parnell
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Just Delete the formula and recreate the same.

The formaula has to have exactly the correct spacing, Please check Space.And Copt exactly same formula

If That will still not work then please post your screen shot. If possible then please share your user name and password on my email ( amit.salesforce21@gmail.com ) . I will lookinto you org what is the issue

All Answers

Just simply copy formula from module and paste in SFDC and try
AND(Name = "Exhaust Port Inspector", Utilization__c < 1.5)
NOTE :- In your formula you are using > not <

M ParnellM Parnell

I used  '<' the first time. That's when I received the error message.

Copying and pasting that code into the field did not work.

Just Delete the formula and recreate the same.

The formaula has to have exactly the correct spacing, Please check Space.And Copt exactly same formula

If That will still not work then please post your screen shot. If possible then please share your user name and password on my email ( amit.salesforce21@gmail.com ) . I will lookinto you org what is the issue

This was selected as the best answer
M ParnellM Parnell
I was able to redo it successfully.

Gwenn Ferguson 4Gwenn Ferguson 4
I have copied and pasted the forumla and am receiving an error.

User-added image

Next question....

The location for the error message should be "Utilization" but that option doesn't appear in the drop down. Where did I miss adding that?
User-added image

NandithNandith
I am getting the same error, I copied and pasted the same formula from the instructions, but still it displays " Error: Field Utilization__c does not exist. Check spelling."

I went back and checked if I missed any steps, but it seems I didn't and I have created the field "Utilization". Not sure what's causing this.

Any guidance is appreciated...!! Thanks.
roopa keshroopa kesh
AND( Name ="Exhaust Port Inspector",NOT( Utilization__c > 1.5 )).TRY THIS