function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Emma MitchellEmma Mitchell 

Lead import - dedupe against existing leads and client contacts

I have a CSV file of leads I would like to import into Salesforce, how can I de-dupe the list against my existing leads and client contacts in Salesforce to ensure I don't have duplicates? I don't really want to use an app if I can avoid it and I'm not sure how to use the Trigger facility.

Deepak GulianDeepak Gulian
You can simply do an export from leads and contacts, and do a VLOOKUP in your CSV file, and get the duplicate data seperate out easily!
Emma MitchellEmma Mitchell
Ok – thanks. Emma Mitchell | Marketing Manager | Eclipse Group | Office: +44 203 058 1000 Direct: +44 845 258 4134 | Mobile: +44 7590 042480 | emitchell@eclgrp.com | www.eclgrp.com [View Emma Mitchell's profile on LinkedIn] Support Portal [Eclipse New Logo] [twitter_icon] [linkedin_icon] [facebook_icon] [flickr_icon] [youtube_icon] [blog_icon] [events_signature_cta]
CodeITCodeIT
once thing you can try is using saleforce data.com duplicate management, while you load your file into salesforce, it will raise error on the record it finds duplicate

see this:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=duplicate_prevention_map_of_tasks.htm