function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shad OliverShad Oliver 

Trailhead - Lightning Connect / Integrating External Data Error

I keep getting this error message - Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Phone__x' external object is not correctly setup with an indirect relationship to the User standard object.
I have the UUID setup with the following:
 Custom Field Definition Detail
Field Information
Field LabelUUIDObject NamePhone
Field NameUUIDData TypeIndirect Lookup
API NameUUID__c  
DescriptionUUID
Help Text
External Column NameUUID  
Created ByShad Oliver, 2/17/2016 9:14 PMModified ByShad Oliver, 2/17/2016 10:49 PM
Indirect Lookup Options
Length128Child Relationship NamePhones
Related ToUserTarget FieldPhone UUID
Related List LabelPhones
Best Answer chosen by Shad Oliver
Dutta SouravDutta Sourav
Hi Shad,

You need to go to Setup > Manage Users > Users.
Click “Edit” for just one of your users. Put “0000123442” in the Phone UUID field under the Additional Information heading. Click Save.
You only need to do this once. Then, as long as you have the rest of the Challenge finished, it should let you complete it. 
Hope it helps you.

Warm Regards,
Sourav.

All Answers

Dutta SouravDutta Sourav
Hi Shad,

You need to go to Setup > Manage Users > Users.
Click “Edit” for just one of your users. Put “0000123442” in the Phone UUID field under the Additional Information heading. Click Save.
You only need to do this once. Then, as long as you have the rest of the Challenge finished, it should let you complete it. 
Hope it helps you.

Warm Regards,
Sourav.
This was selected as the best answer
Shad OliverShad Oliver
Worked!! Thanks much. I wish that Trailhead wouild give more detail on the error messages.
Dutta SouravDutta Sourav
Glad to hear that mate.
Please take a moment to mark a "Best Answer" to help others who may come with a same issue.

Cheers!
Sourav
Munira MajmundarMunira Majmundar
Sourav, thank you very much!  I was able to clear the challenge after I copied and pasted “0000123442” in the Phone UUID field, on the User Object, under the Additional Information heading. 

Don't see how I could have figured that out without your help.  However, what I would like to know is that, how did you know/figure out that that is what was needed?

Any help in sharing strategies as to how to master platform app builder concepts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Regards,
Munira
Ryan Adams 173Ryan Adams 173
Munira Majmundar, where is the Additional Information heading on the User Object?