function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rakshith RamachandraRakshith Ramachandra 

How make make sandbox to be in sync with production?

There are times where I create new custum fields directly in Production. But the Sandbox won't have those fields. Now I want to sync Sandbox with production as I'm testing few things on sandbox. Is there a quick way to do it?

Current situation -
Production = A + B + C
Sandbox = A + B + D

After sync -
Production = A + B + C
Sandbox = A + B + C + D

Please help

Best Answer chosen by Rakshith Ramachandra
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Yes when you will create a new sandbox then sandbox and production will be exactly same. Nothing you need to do.

Yes all extra code from sandbox will delete in sandbox. It better create new sandbox.
Yes you can create the multiple sandbox. But you should have limit for same. check same in production how many sandbox you can create

All Answers

Production changes you can pull in sandbox from production after refreshing the sandbox from production but sandbox changes will removed for example c.

It Better create a new sandbox from production that will pull A+B+C and then Deploy the D in new sandbox.

reymagdaongreymagdaong
Hi,

hmm. no direct way, it's either refresh or manually create the field in the sandbox also.

When we refresh, will the sandbox be exactly same as production? Anything extra classes we have on sandbox will be deleted?
Follow up question. Can I create multiple sandbox instances?
Yes when you will create a new sandbox then sandbox and production will be exactly same. Nothing you need to do.

Yes all extra code from sandbox will delete in sandbox. It better create new sandbox.
Yes you can create the multiple sandbox. But you should have limit for same. check same in production how many sandbox you can create

This was selected as the best answer
Thanks. I'll try to create a new one