function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rajesh kamath 16rajesh kamath 16 

Auto QuoteLineItem Creation on bulk insert of quote

Hello Geeks,

I had a query and would be much appreciated for any kinda help.

Firstly, when I create a quote record, is it a standard behaviour that QLI's get created automatically?

Secondly, When I create a quote manually, QLI's gets created automatically, this is correct behaviour as per our functionality...

But when I insert the bulk quote records through dataloader, the quote gets created but its respective QLI's are not geting created...

Please let me know why this issue is happening and any answers on solving it. Prior thanks...
Best Answer chosen by rajesh kamath 16
I have got the answer... Its a salesforce standard behavior. As a standard behaviour It will auto create QLI's for the manually inserted quotes. But if you do the same using dataloader / Dev console it wont create any QLI's for the respective quotes. Anyways thanks for the reply.

All Answers

JethaJetha
Hi Rakesh,
It's Salesforce standard behavior that whenever you create a new Quote, it is going to copy the opportunity products to the new quote as quote line items. So Whenever you upload quote through dataloader, please make sure that related oportunity does have related product items or not?
I have got the answer... Its a salesforce standard behavior. As a standard behaviour It will auto create QLI's for the manually inserted quotes. But if you do the same using dataloader / Dev console it wont create any QLI's for the respective quotes. Anyways thanks for the reply.
This was selected as the best answer