function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tim WigtonTim Wigton 

Field Accessibility missing from Security Options

I'm attempting to work with Kixie (VOIP phone service which plugs in to SF) to log calls automatically. Kixie support says I need to access Field Accessibility/Events in order to enable the links to the call recordings to be logged. Problem is, there's no menu called "Field Accessibility" under my security settings. How can I gain access? 
Nikhil Sharma 17Nikhil Sharma 17
Go to Setup > App Setup > Customize > Contacts > Fields. At the bottom of that page you will find the custom fields created.
Click on the custom field that you want to make visible, for example “Call mobile phone via 3CX”.
Press the “View Field Accessibility” button on the upper right side of the screen.
Click on the “Hidden” label on the right of “Standard User”.
Check the “Visible” option in the “Contact Layout” row, and press the “Save” button to finish
Repeat the same procedure for every field that you want to view in the Contact page.
Repeat the same procedure for Leads, going to Setup > App Setup > Customize > Leads > Fields
Repeat the same procedure for Accounts, going to Setup > App Setup > Customize > Accounts > Fields
sumit singh 37sumit singh 37
you wil find the field Accessibility below the field description
Tim WigtonTim Wigton
Thanks for assisting. I do not see these options you're describing. 

First the only "Customize/Contacts/Fields" I could find was under "/Build" not "App Setup".

Second, I do not see any options for View Field Accessibility. Can you advise? 

User-added image

User-added image
Omveer kundu 8Omveer kundu 8
Hi Tim
Go to Setup >Quick Find Box> Customize > Contacts > Fields. then Edit Fields Do you want

First Click On this

Then Click Edit

Then Final Step Click on Visible
Tim WigtonTim Wigton
Omveer kundu,

Thank you but it's just not there. 
User-added image
Omveer kundu 8Omveer kundu 8
Hi tim
 Please search quick find box rename Tabs and Lables Then edit Contact object Thent click nex button and drop down contact fields details pages

User-added image