function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brennan ButlerBrennan Butler 

Multiple Custom Text Fields need to be Mapped to other object but not overwrite each other

Here is my delima,

We have the below 4 description fields
General Description
OEM 
Protection
Masking

We have these on our lead layouts, now if I just need to map them to the Contact, that would be simple, however, I need to map them to the Account, the problem I see with this is that if another lead is converted, then instead of just adding the new comments, it will over wright the old ones. We want to be able to keep a list of these items. I was thinking of maybe a related list that would show each comment, like on Cases where we can see Case Comments.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Thank you,
Brennan
@Karanraj@Karanraj
You can do it with the combination of one more custom field and workflow rule

For example, let take an example with General Description field.
1. Create two custom field GeneralDescription and GeneralDescription1
1. Map the lead field to GeneralDescription1 field of account object
2. Then create a workflow rule to copy and append the value to the GeneralDescription field like below the field update operation
GeneralDescription & GeneralDescription1

Would the formula be what you have above? if so that seems pretty simple. I will give it a try. Thank you, Brennan
I could not get this to work. I need this information to stay on the contact, as well as be copied to the Account, while not erasing anything previous. I have spend most of the day on this, and I may be able to shoot lazers from my eyes at this point.