function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vamshi Capvamshi Cap 

Admin Password Updated

Hi Folks,

We would like to update our system admin passwords for our production which is integrated with various application as connected apps and Rest. Is there any impact of the connectivity with external system which are integrated with our applications, if what kind of precautions do we need to take and what kind of changes do we need to do after password update?

Mahesh DMahesh D
Yes there will be an impact.

I would recommend to to follow below steps.

--> Change them in the Sandbox environment of Salesforce.
--> Ask Interface team to test with the environment which was connected to our Sandbox.
--> Once the testing is success in Sandbox, plan to change them in the Production.
--> Make sure that you are notifying to all interface application team members.
--> Notify the new password to all application teams and ask them to do the needful.
--> Verify all the connected applications after resetting the password.

Regards,
Mahesh
vamshi Capvamshi Cap
To avoid this kind of clashes, can I create a separate user for the App integration, is that works?

By the way thanks Mahesh.
Mahesh DMahesh D
Yes generally the best practice is to maintain a separate user for each integrated application. But at the same time need to think about the license and its cost as well.

places where I worked in, we are having separate users for each integrated system.

Regards,
Mahesh
vamshi Capvamshi Cap
One quick question, where can I find the dependancy of external system with our system admin user credentials? Can I found under User/
Mahesh DMahesh D
We have to check with all Integrated Applications only. As per my view we can't do much about it in Salesforce.

Regards,
Mahesh

vamshi Capvamshi Cap
One more question, If I update my password, is consumer key updated to new key? or is it remains same?