function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma 

Stuk trailhead challenge "Use Lightning Connect to create External Objects to track phone plans "

Showig error " Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
An external object with the API name Phone_Plan__x does not exist" I checked many time Phone_Plan__x already exist.
Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
User-added imageUser-added image
Nitin SharmaNitin Sharma
module link
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_admin_advanced/lightning_connect/lightning_connect_integrate
Michael Bobee 4Michael Bobee 4
I am getting the same error and cannot complete the unit in this module. Very frustrating.
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.ExternalObjectException: data.api.DataSourceException: This data is no longer available. The "Phone_Plan__x" table in the external data source is currently unavailable. Try again later or contact your administrator for help.
Doug KDoug K
I am getting the same error message as Michael...I attempted to complete the challenge this evening but ran into this error...Anyone else having the same problem?

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.ExternalObjectException: data.api.DataSourceException: This data is no longer available. The "phone_plan" table in the external data source is currently unavailable. Try again later or contact your administrator for help.
Doug KDoug K
Team - I figured it out.  I had changed the external data source name to "Phone_Plan" as well and should have left it plural as that is what the external data source is named.  When I changed the source lookup to "Phone_Plan" instead of "Phone_Plans" the lookup was getting confused.  After I changed it back to "Phone_Plans" it worked! 
Please provide a screenshot of the fields. Mine still is failing. Thank you. This is what happens when names & fields don't align and is never a good thing to do. So much for best practices ...
Error Message in Trailhead Challenge
Phone Plan External Object
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Object API name should be phone_plan__x but your API name is phone_plans__x . Please remove s
I had to remove the plural from both the phone & phone_plan objects,- but I left the external reference field name.(table name) I also have to re-edit the UUID,- and all is better. That was painful ...
Chandra Sekhar 134Chandra Sekhar 134
How did achieve this:
1.Created External Data Source,and sync "Phones" and "Phone_plans" for the first plan.
2. Navigate to External Objects, and click Edit againt the External Obect, and change the Object Name from "Phones" to "Phone" 

User-added image
Jairo Straga 6Jairo Straga 6
I had the same problem. My issue was that I was confusing the Object label with the Object Name. Even when the error message says that the problem is in the API name, it was actually in the Object name.
Gayatri DevarapalliGayatri Devarapalli
In this Challenge just change the Object Name not all the api label name only do for object name then api would be Phone__c likewise do to other phone_plan label also! you will finsih the challenge, it was simple.