function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mary Alice PaulsenMary Alice Paulsen 

Trailhead "Developer Edition" Difficulties

Hi! 

I'm going through the Trailhead quizzes, and I've come to the ones that say "Connect to your Developer Edition" in order to complete the quiz.  I have a Developer Edition account set up, but when I try to access it through Trailhead it gives me this message: "Houston, we have a problem... you are attempting to log into Trailhead to complete challenges with an org that isn't supported.  When you are completing Trailhead hands-on challenges, you cannot use a production or sandbox org...." Anways, I'm not sure how to complete the quizzes. (They are under Learn CRM Essentials)  Any insight is greatly appreciated! 

venkat-Dvenkat-D
You should have a SFDC developer account ..Click on register from 
https://developer.salesforce.com for developer account

the account from salesforce.com trial one is Production org.
Mahesh DMahesh D
Please create a Developer Edition by following the below link:

https://developer.salesforce.com/signup?d=70130000000td6N

and make sure that you are logging into Trailhead using the same account.

Logout all logged-in accounts and try to login using the DE account.

Regards,
Mahesh
Mary Alice PaulsenMary Alice Paulsen
Thank you both!  I have a Developer Edition account.  I logged out and logged back in to Aloha and everything.  I'm still seeing the Houston, we have a problem message... 
Mahesh DMahesh D
Can you try with a different browser?
Lee HeatherLee Heather
Hi - I am met with the same error: You are attempting to log into Trailhead to complete challenges with an org that isn't supported. When you are completing Trailhead hands-on challenges, you cannot use a production or sandbox org. You must use a Developer Edition (DE) org to complete Trailhead challenges.

And i am going on Bootcamp next week! Need to complete the challenges! Username is lheather@salesforce.com
Lee HeatherLee Heather
I have also used 3 different browsers... same result

Ted HustedTed Husted
Still an issue. On my fourth login and second org. 
Deepak Sharma 46Deepak Sharma 46
I am also facing same issue , please do guide here
abid rahmanabid rahman
I have the same issue as well.
Is there any one from the community who can help here to resolve the below issue 

Houston, we have a problem.
You are attempting to log into Trailhead to complete challenges with an org that isn't supported. When you are completing Trailhead hands-on challenges, you cannot use a production or sandbox org. You must use a Developer Edition (DE) org to complete Trailhead challenges.

The solution which worked for me,
1. log out  from all the sessions establieshed with developer edition including trail head , forum. developer edition
2.Log in to developer edition first.
3. In Trail head , never clicks on "Log In to developer edition" always click "check challenge" button . If "Check Challenge" is not visible log out from trail head one more time.

Hope this will work for you as well.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepak Sharma -9618888504

DimaDima
My observation is that the same DE cannot be used for TRAILHEAD login and for checking handsons. 

What worked for me :
1 - If you are using a DE1 to login to trail, register another one DE2
2 - Use DE1 to login to TRAIL 
3 - in "Launch your hands-on org" select "Manage my hands-on org"
4 - See Connected Salesforce Orgs with Connect an org button
5 - Connect your DE2
6 - Do challenges in DE2 and call checks for DE2

I had some issues with playfulbear org, wasn't able to get full access, maybe I was doing something wrong, idk.
Just plain other DE solved my HOUSTON
saikumar choudharysaikumar choudhary
It looks like something got changed. Earlier when I did Trailhead Challenges via my DE it was working fine..Now I am getting the above message.
Probably as mentioned by @Dima, me may need to have 2 DE. Or Perform hands-on in Resourceful Bear.
CHINA MOULALI SHAIKCHINA MOULALI SHAIK
1.Create a salesforce developer  account with another Mail address.
2. Go to Existing Trailhead  account settings and link the newly created salesforce developer account.
3.Now go to connect ORG.
4.Connect the ORG.
...........................................................................................................................At the end give a Smile
Edwina HaleEdwina Hale
I have created the developer account. I have also gone to settings and linked it to trailhead and I still get the error when I go to connect the org. Any help? 
Lauren WeaverLauren Weaver
Having the same issue today. 
GaboGabo
Issue still persists today. Tried with a CPQ and a Financial Services Cloud related Developer Orgs created directly from the Trailhead challenges.
Garrett NicholsGarrett Nichols
Same issue here, wish they would fix this.
Jesus Romo 15Jesus Romo 15
I am also affected by this issue and have not yet found a solution. I have signed up for a special dev org linked through one of the new super badges as recommended in the instructions. The superbadge I'm attempting is the Extended User Access and Restriction Superbadge Unit. In previous units, I've been able to link the special dev orgs I've created to my trailhead account and succeeded with the badges. I tried unlinking orgs from my trailhead account, and even tried logging in through my domain login, and I still couldn't connect. 
Lauren WeaverLauren Weaver
This magically worked for me today after a week or so of not working...I did nothing special, just tried again. 
Safar MahmadovSafar Mahmadov
Create another Developer Edition account and try to connect it again. This method worked for me.