function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeff MayJeff May 

Force.com IDE v 36 -- unable to deploy

I just upgraded to v 36 and now when I try to deploy to server, I get 'Destination organization must be different from the Project organization.' when I am entering my credentials

Hopefully this is just a setting I can switch somewhere and I don't have to go back to an older version.
Best Answer chosen by Jeff May
Jeff MayJeff May
In v 6 of the Force.com IDE, you can use 'Save to Server' to save your changes to the same org you are working in (something that used to be able to be done with 'Deploy to Server'.  'Deploy to Server' seems to now be repurposed for moving metadata from 1 org to another.

At least there is a workaround -- use 'Save to Server'

All Answers

REVNAREVNA
what is the version in destination org ?
Jeff MayJeff May
The org is Spring 16 (v 36) 
Jeff MayJeff May
In v 6 of the Force.com IDE, you can use 'Save to Server' to save your changes to the same org you are working in (something that used to be able to be done with 'Deploy to Server'.  'Deploy to Server' seems to now be repurposed for moving metadata from 1 org to another.

At least there is a workaround -- use 'Save to Server'
This was selected as the best answer
Craig Zelley 17Craig Zelley 17
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000229264&type=1  

How to solve force.com IDE deploy to server "Destination organization must be different from the Project Organization" error message?
Knowledge Article Number000229264
DescriptionIf you are trying to deploy to server the changes made in your project and you get the following message "Destination organization must be different from the Project organization" (Please see file attached to Article for your reference) during Force.com IDE "Destination Details(Step 1 of 4)" step, please follow these steps to solve it. 
ResolutionThe root cause of such error message is because eclipse's plugin (Force.com IDE) creates your project .settings file with the end point server information the same as the hostname information entered during the creation of your project(see file attached for reference) .
To prevent error "Destination organization must be different from the Project Organization" from happening, delete the information related to "endpointServer" in your project's .setting file.(See file attached to case) before proceeding to deploy your changes to the server.