function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Will SlotterbackWill Slotterback 

Using Custom Field in Report Filter Issue

Hi,

I have a checkbox field on my opportunity object which I'm trying to reference in the filter logic section of the report builder, however the field isn't showing up and I can't figure out how to access the field programmaticaly (or even if that's possible). My ultimate goal is to filter a report on Tasks based on whether or not the opportunity that the task is attached to has this checkbox field checked. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Will
Best Answer chosen by Will Slotterback
venkat-Dvenkat-D
Two separate report types and then reports

All Answers

venkat-Dvenkat-D
Refer to this
https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000h3juAAA

If your report type is custom report type you need to update the report page layout to add new field.
Thanks for the response, however, the report isn't a custom report, and as an admin I definitely have field level access to the checkbox. Is there any other way to get the checkbox field to show up? Thanks, ​ Will
venkat-Dvenkat-D
Add it to the page layouts and then check. If Field is not availabel in layouts then they wont be visible in reports as well.
Hi, I realized that my original post is poorly worded. Essentially, I have a Task object which I am running a report on and I want to filter that report to only show Tasks which are attached to either an opportunity or a lead which has a certain checkbox ticked off. So my question is, how can I get that checkbox to show up in the Task report? Lead source, opportunity stage, and other fields of fields do show up in the list of possible fields, so I'm assuming it is possible to get it to display, I just can't figure out how. Also thanks for all your help up this point. Sincerely, Will
venkat-Dvenkat-D
You need to create a new Custom Report Type of type Opportunities with Activites. Then create a new report based on custom report type and then cretae the filter you need.
Will that allow me to also report on Leads with Activities or will I need to create two separate reports?
venkat-Dvenkat-D
Two separate report types and then reports
This was selected as the best answer