function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Menachem EjdelmanMenachem Ejdelman 

auto-populating a lookup field based on text, using the record lookup element in the flow interface

Hello, I am trying to have a lookup field automatically populate, based on text, not ID. So lets say I have two fields in my "child" object, which are as follows:

Color: a look-up field that looks up to the object "Color"
Color text: a text field where you simply enter for example the word "Red"

I want that when you you enter the word "Red" into "Color Text", The record automatically populates the "Color" lookup field with the parent Color Record known as "Red".

I am trying to do this using the record lookup element in the flow interface.

I have the process in the process builder all ready to go, along with the action in the process builder to execute the flow. I now need help with configuring the flow correctly.

Here is what I did in the flow:

I created the record lookup element which looks up color, and the following criteria is when the Name of the color record equals "Color text". "I am now at a loss at what to put in the "Assign the record’s fields to variables to reference them in your flow." field.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Parker EdelmannParker Edelmann
In a Record Lookup Element: The left column is where you give the label of a field whose value you wish to use later. The right column is where you specify the properties for the variable you wish to save the value to. In a Fast Lookup element, the Variable field is where you specify which kind of variable you wish to use and the name for it. In the Fields column, you specify the fields to be saved to the variable. For more information on variables, lookup elements, and hands on experience, I recommend you take a look at the Cloud Flow Designer Workbook.