function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brittany CalnenBrittany Calnen 

Sales/ opportunities by continent

I have a sales by country report generated and I am trying to break it down further to show sales by continent (americas, europe, asia and other) to get an idea on our percentage of sales on each continent.  Are there any special filters I can use or ways to do this?  I have the Professional Edition of salesforce.
Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
Hi Brittany,

As far as I know there is nothing like continents or countries predefined in Salesforce. I suggest you to use the new global picklists and create picklists so that you can filter by them (maybe a dependant picklist between Continent and Country could be useful for you)

Regards
Where would I find picklists?
Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
If you want to use Global Picklists [1] you'll have to create them first and add the values you desire. In the link you have the instructions to do so. The good thing about Global Picklists is that you can have a generic list of values and then reuse it in many places without having to add the picklist values again, and having just one place to change the values everywhere.
After creating the Global Picklist, you will have to create a Picklist Custom field in the objects you want to be able to filter in the report, and select the global picklist that you have just created.

Regards

[1]
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=fields_creating_global_picklists.htm&language=en_US
Thank you.  I am now trying to take it a step furthur and have an area/column etc where I can determine what percentage of sales comes from a certain continent.  Do you know how I may be able to do that?  What sorts of columns, filters etc would I need?
I am now trying to take it a step furthur and have an area/column etc where I can determine what percentage of sales comes from a certain continent.  Do you know how I may be able to do that?  What sorts of columns, filters etc would I need?