function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike ArthurMike Arthur 

Eclipse Force.com IDE Save error (conflict), refresh error, file saved locally not to server

Hi,

I have installed Force.com IDE (see versions of all components below).  If I try to do something simple like increase the length a custom text field, I get

'File only saved locally, not to server' and
'Save error: Conflict found while preparing to save 'Account.object' to server.  Remote instance has been updated since last save or sync.  Use the Synchronize Perspective to resolve the conflict.    Account.object    /MA Dev/src/objects    line 1    Force.com save problem'

I refreshed from server and then got this 8 times:
'Refresh error: Metadata API received improper input. Please ensure file name and capitalization is correct. Load of metadata from db failed for metadata of type:ConnectedApp and file name:Salesforce_Chatterbox.    package.xml    /MA Dev/Referenced Packages/Salesforce1 and Chatter Apps    line 1    Force.com retrieve problem'

Environment is
Spring '16 Dev Org with custom domain
Spring '16 Force.com IDE (36.0.0)
Eclipse Mars.2 (4.5.2)
Java 8 Update 74
Windows 7 64 bit

I have reviewed other threads, I needed to click 'work online' as default was offline, still having trouble.
I can sync the object with server and the changes are propogated but this has to be done every time.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks,
Mike.
AnandAgrawalAnandAgrawal

Changing the Field Type or Modifying the field is not supported through Metadata file.

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=deploy_special_behavior.htm&language=en_US