function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SoleesSolees 

apex:map in Sites getting "HTTP ERROR 401 Problem accessing /maps/JavascriptHandler. Reason: Unauthorized Powered by Jetty://"

Hello friends,

I am having an issue with Apex:Map component when the Visualforce is published inside Sites getting the "HTTP ERROR 401 Problem accessing /maps/JavascriptHandler. Reason: Unauthorized Powered by Jetty://".  1 of 20 tests is getting that error while refreshing the section that has the map inside and there is no way to reproduce it since it's random.  I think is something between google, Salesforce Sites and then the component.

Is there anything I can do about it?  The component works great while using it inside Salesforce platform but failing sometimes while using it in Sites.
Best Answer chosen by Solees
SoleesSolees
My solution was:

Inside apex:mapMarker I had some special chars that where causing the problem.  So before showing any title clean those yourself.

All Answers

SoleesSolees
Upgrade 1: The message says-> Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 (Unauthorized) https://location.force.com/maps/JavascriptHandler.

Upgrade 2: It fails inside Salesforce too.

Why is it so unstable?
SoleesSolees
My solution was:

Inside apex:mapMarker I had some special chars that where causing the problem.  So before showing any title clean those yourself.
This was selected as the best answer