function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Srikanth SavalaSrikanth Savala 

getting "Error: This Dashboard Unique Name already exists or has been previously used. Please choose a different name."

Hi,
I have created a report and dash board with a name initially and deleted both of them later. Now I am getting below errot when I create a new report/dash board with the same name which was deleted.

"Error: This Dashboard Unique Name already exists or has been previously used. Please choose a different name."

Please help me how to know whether the report/dashboard deleted perminanenly or not and where to view them if at all exist.

Thanks in advance!!
Best Answer chosen by Srikanth Savala
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Srikanth,

Please select the best answer and it will automatically makes it as a solved.

Please do let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
Mahesh

All Answers

Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Srikanth,

Option 1:

It might be when we delete report, it goes into the Recycle Bin section. Even though when we delete it from Recycle Bin section, It has to delete from Salesforce Backup Servers. The Report might be still exist in the SF database which causing the above error. Every weekend SF performs clean up activities for their data. Once that happen you can able to create Report with the same name that you are looking for.

Option 2:

1)Undelete report from recycle bin.
2)Change that previously deleted report's name.

Then you can save a new report with the old name.

Plesae follow the below link:

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000h3OlAAI

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008pGpIAI

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000ZKibAAG

Please do let me know if it helps you.

Regards,
Mahesh
Michael Adrian AlcazarMichael Adrian Alcazar
This Dashboard Unique Name already exists or has been previously used. Please choose a different name

Steps to create the report with the same name:

A) If the report is available in recycle bin: 
      1) Undelete report from recycle bin. 
     2) Change the name of undeleted report to other name. 
     3) Create the new report with the Preferred Name.
     4) Save the report. 

B) If the report is been deleted from recycle bin:
      1) Use a different unique name

NOTE: When a report is deleted, it goes into the Recycle Bin. Even if we delete it from the Recycle Bin, it needs to be deleted from Salesforce Backup Servers. 
·          The Report might still exist in the SalesForce database which can cause the above error. 
·          Every weekend SFDC performs Cleansing activities for their data. Once it happens, you can create a new Report with the same name that you are looking for.
JyothsnaJyothsna (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Srikanth,

Just put a number on the unique name (ex" Cases Dashboards1) and leave the upper name simply Cases Dashboards. The trailhead is searching for the simple dashboard name, not for the unique one. 

It might be when we delete the report; it goes into the Recycle Bin section. Even though when we delete it from Recycle Bin section, It has to delete from Salesforce Backup Servers. The Report might still exist in the SF database which causing the above error. Every weekend SF performs cleanup activities for their data. Once that happen, you can able to create Report with the same name that you are looking for.

Hope this helps you!
Best Regards,
Jyothsna
Thanks Mahesh, Maichael and Jyothsna for your suggestions. I have undeleted the report from recyclebin, tried to change the name and it worked fine but still obsoervd some other issues. I have deleted it again to recover from bin but accidentally i cleaned my entire bin :( 

Now i need to wait until it gets deleted from SF server :( 

Thanks again!! 
Mahesh DMahesh D
Thank you Srikanth, Please mark it as resolved.
Mahesh - I am new to this forum. Can you help me how to mark it as resolvd?
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Srikanth,

Please select the best answer and it will automatically makes it as a solved.

Please do let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
Mahesh
This was selected as the best answer
Sure. I am done.. thank you for all your help!! Hope will talk more to you all .. Have a good one!!