function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDummySFDummy 

"Create contact" link on campaign for Mobile(salesforce 1)

Hello,

I would like to create an action button on Campaign on mobile for "Create Contact"  I am working for a non-profit, where there is no requirement for creating Lead or converting lead process. This non-profit has is a contact, with status (Supporter, Inactive).
During an event or in campaign need to create contact from campaign page. 
(1) I am able to create cutom button on campaign page to create contact. but not able to add to  Mobile (Salesforce1) layout 
(2) is there a way to add contact and also attach to campaign in action button
    note I have 2 campaign record types
Thanks
Uma
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi,

Please create the Actions, so that you can able to use it in the Mobile.

Object --> Actions --> NewAction

Please check the below image:

User-added image

Please go through the below links for more information:

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=actions_overview_global.htm

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.salesforce1appadmin.meta/salesforce1appadmin/s1_admin_guide_actions_obj_vs_global.htm

Please do let me know if it helps you.

Regards,
Mahesh
SFDummySFDummy
Thanks Mahesh for the response. I am pretty sure I need to create new action on Campaign becasue I want to show Action button on Campaign layout. But while creating Campaign Actions -> Target object  do not have "Contact"   
I want to create Action Button on Campaign Page to Create a Record  Contact

I am able to successufly create another action button on Campaign "Add Member" and is working. 
Mahesh DMahesh D
Did you try with Action Type to Custom Visualforce Page and in the VF page navigate it to standard Contact creation page.

Make sure that VF page is enabled "Available for Salesforce mobile apps and Lightning Pages".

Regards,
Mahesh
SFDummySFDummy
Thanks for prompt reponse. Is there is tutorial I can look at. 
I create a custom button, on campaign  to create contact with pre-populated data   below is the sample url
/003/e?retURL=%2F003%2Fo&RecordType=012500000001GI4&accid=0014B000006qrld&CF00N500000026KTs=Campaign+Organization&CF00N500000026KTs_lkid=a0E4B000000VGC3&ent=Contact

I added this to Salesforce1 page. But this is redirecting to login screen again and regular browser version of contact create page
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi 

Are you expecting something like below:

User-added image

This is from the Campaign Details page in Salesforce1.

Regards,
Mahesh
uBox AdminuBox Admin
@Mahesh D yes, that is exactly what I am trying to do. I am able to add action button but I am redirected to login again. can you please share addtional details on how to acheive this

Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi 

Step 1:

Create a Visualforce Page:

Make sure that 
Available for Salesforce mobile apps and Lightning Pages is checked.
<apex:page standardController="Campaign" extensions="CreateContactController" action="{!init}">

</apex:page>
Controller Class:

public class CreateContactController {

public CreateContactController(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {

}

public PageReference init() {
        return new PageReference('/003/e');
    }
}
Go to object --> Buttons, Links and Actions --> New Action:

User-added image

Go to page layout and add the quick action:

User-added image

Please do let me know if it helps you.

Regards,
Mahesh

SFDummySFDummy
Thanks Mahesh for the information. I create VF page, and action button. I am unable to add action button to Salesforce classic publisher section. I am able to add to Salesforce 1 and lightning Experience Actions. But when I login from Mobile appl I am not seeing the "create Contact" button
Mobile Browser App Setting are enabled
We do not have lightning enabled because all features are not supported. can I just enable one page?