function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sandeep kumar 140sandeep kumar 140 

How to send an Email when a task is closed

Hi all, 

I have a requirement that i have a task on opportunity object. When the task is completd(Status) , i need to send an approval email for a particular user. How can i acheive this. Please help..

Thanks...
Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
Hi Sandeep,

My suggestion is to use Process Builder. You can build a process on Task object that checks the task is closed and belongs to an Opportunity (this is a bit tricky) and as an action you can launch an approval process.
Take a look at the capture and ask me if you have more doubts :)

User-added image
sandeep kumar 140sandeep kumar 140
Hi Carlos,

I did he same as you per answer but am unable to send the approval mail to the user.. 
This is Approval process. Do i need to change anything in this.?? Let me know..

User-added image

And in the process builder am unable to find the specific Approval process which was creadted by me..

Help on this..

Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
Hi Sandeep,

I'm afraid that you can't create an approval process for Tasks (sorry, I didn't know it before), so if you don't want to code, you can send an email alert which is what you mentioned in the beginning, but this will not lock the record...
If despite this you need to lock the record (keeping in mind that you'll be able just to lock the opp record, not the closed task) you will have to write a Task trigger and the logic necessary to launch the related opportunity approval process.

Regards