function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jerry_jJerry_j 

Importing Contracts without Account SalesforceID

I have accounts in Salesforce that have a field that contains the ID of that same account in our Oracle ERP system.

I would like to be able to import Service Contracts and tie them to the correct account, but the only information that I have available to me in the extract from Oracle is the Oracle ID, not the Salesforce Id.

Is there a way to accomplish this? (I want to automate this, so getting the Salesforce ID and performing Vlookups, etc. isn't a workable solution).

Thanks for any help!!

Jerry_jJerry_j
Sorry, meant to say that I'd like to do this using Dataloader in a batch file.
Jerry_jJerry_j
Ok, minor clarification.

I was able to solve this problem using an Upsert. So another twist to this.

I've created an additional Account lookup on the Service Contracts object, because in our business a Service contract can have an Owner account and an Installed At account.

I've used the upsert to tie Service Contracts to an account using the Oracle ID, and that satisfies the "Installed At" account. But what I can't seem to do is to also tie it to another account during the Upsert. It seems to want/require the SalesforceID for that.

Hope I haven't muddied it too much...
Frédéric TrébuchetFrédéric Trébuchet
Hi Jerry,

You didn't say if you have declared the OracleId as an external Id on your salesforce account object?
If yes, do you mean you cannot use an upsert to die the Service Contract to the 2 accounts at once?
Maybe a dataloader limit..
Did you try to use 2 separate upserts: 1 for "Owner account" and 1 for "Installed At account"?

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Fred