function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jonathan ConwayJonathan Conway 

Trailhead not picking up that I added 'Contacts for Today' to my component?

Hi everyone,

I'm working through the "Working with Custom Lightning Components" module in Trailhead.

I'm up to the challenge where you add a 'Contacts for Today' component to a page named 'MyPage'.

I have set up MyPage, installed the component, dragged it onto the page and activated the page.

But it's not working.

I get the following error message when I click 'Check Challenge':

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'MyData' Lightning App does not include the 'Contacts for Today' custom component.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks ahead of time.

Cheers,
Jonathan Conway | Service NSW
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Jonathan,

Issue may be because of using "MyData" instead of "My_Data" as API Name.

Please look into below posts:

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000005HE4IAM

Please do let me know if it helps you.

Regards,
Mahesh
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
HI Jonathan Conway,

According to task you need to add contactToday in App.

Add the 'ContactsToday' custom component that is included in that package to the 'MyData' Lightning App.

Thanks for your suggestion, Mahesh, but I tried renaming it to My_Data and it still didn't work. I get the same error as before.

Thanks for the link though, I will look through the suggestions there.
Hi Amit,

Thanks, but I already did that. As stated before, I opened the MyData app, dragged the ContactsToday component into the app workspace, saved the app, and activated it.

Is there some other, step I need to perform, distinct from the above?
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please share the screen shot of that
Hi Admit,

Sorry about this! I just closed and re-opened the page in Lightning App Builder, and a different component ("Recent items", I think) was there instead. So I removed that, re-added the ContactsToday component and saved it, and now I've managed to pass the test.

Thanks for your efforts anyway, and appologies for that!
GT1945GT1945
Can anyone help with this stage?I am also getting error: Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'MyData' Lightning App does not include the 'Contacts for Today' custom component.:

If you can share a screenshot on how you fix this that will be great
Purva Sharma 26Purva Sharma 26
Please help, facing the same issue as Gerald. Even tried changing the api name to My_Data
GT1945GT1945
Hi All, I fixed the issue yesterday. I deleted the lighyning App name 'myData' I previously created and created a new one with one column and after I saved this and activated, this seems to fix the problem. I think the culprit was I didn't select one column at the initial stage
veena penugonda 3veena penugonda 3
Try to unintall the package and logout from trail head playground and re install the package and sign in and then try to edit mydata page it should work good..