function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rajesh..Rajesh.. 

Data Loader Stuck

when I am using the data loader I going to insert and browse the report file to object.
It’s always showing this pop up box “initializing salesforce object and csv file”. I am unable to move forward. Please help me..

Best Answer chosen by Rajesh..
AG_SFDCAG_SFDC
Hi Rajesh,

Are you trying to Insert what is in your Production to your Sandbox? If this is the case then you do not need Id's. Just make sure the columns in your CSV should be the Field Label Name or Field API Name and Map the fields Accordingly when you try to Insert in your Sandbox.

Also from what you are saying about the pop up box “initializing salesforce object and csv file” - For this make sure your csv file contains only the fields which you need to do the Insert and look for if any blank rows are in your csv file(If any blank rows delete them). Also try to close your data loader and re open and be sure to login with your sand box org credentials.

Thanks,
AG

All Answers

kalpeshs91kalpeshs91
May be you are providing wrong file format.

To import the data into Salesforce using Data loader/Import wizard, you need to provide .csv file. Also for good practice, file should have Coulmn names same as the field labels are in salesforce.

Mark as correct if this solve your issue.
Rajesh..Rajesh..
@kalpesh its csv file only but ID's are different (Production report to sandbox object) is it works ?
AG_SFDCAG_SFDC
Hi Rajesh,

Are you trying to Insert what is in your Production to your Sandbox? If this is the case then you do not need Id's. Just make sure the columns in your CSV should be the Field Label Name or Field API Name and Map the fields Accordingly when you try to Insert in your Sandbox.

Also from what you are saying about the pop up box “initializing salesforce object and csv file” - For this make sure your csv file contains only the fields which you need to do the Insert and look for if any blank rows are in your csv file(If any blank rows delete them). Also try to close your data loader and re open and be sure to login with your sand box org credentials.

Thanks,
AG
This was selected as the best answer
Rajesh..Rajesh..
Hi I export a report from production, now I want to move exported report to sandbox object. In my report contain all fields same in that sandbox object. But every time it shows 0 successful and 103 errors. I am using data loader to insert for this, error is "Required fields are missing: [Account__c]".