function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amit Kumar Singh 19Amit Kumar Singh 19 

Export Articles for Translation is not available

Hello Everyone,

I want to export knowledge Articles but i am not getting option "Export Articles for Translation" from setup.
System Admin profile is assigned to me which has all the access, where as I created a permission set too and assigned to me. But No luck :(

Permission set has all the setting required like "“Manage Knowledge Article Import/Export”", "Manage Salesforce Knowledge" and “Manage Articles”.

Can anyone help me to resolve this.

Thanks,
Amit Singh
Richard Jimenez 9Richard Jimenez 9
Hi Amit,

Have you created a translation queue?

See step 1 in this guide: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=knowledge_translation_export.htm&language=en_US

Thanks,
Richard.
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the help.

I followed the same step as mentioned in help article, but getting below error message while exporting :-

Export Articles 

How to fix this :(

There is only one language enabled in my org for knowledge Articles. Is that the reason why I am facing this issue.

I want to export my articles from UAT and then import it to Production

Richard Jimenez 9Richard Jimenez 9
Hi Amit,

Yes, you will need to enable another language in the knowledge settings to allow you to complete the export. However, when you come to importing the file you dont want to import the translations.

You can export the articles as CSV (dataloader/report) and use the following template to import them with if you are still having issues:
Download the Data Management > Import Articles: Download sample .csv file for articles only to see the format of the csv you need to produce. If you have a dev (or another sandbox) environment, I would recommend that you run a test import first before importing into production.

Check this out as well: https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000goHtAAI

Thanks,
Richard.