function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GGR InternationalGGR International 

delete acCore

I am trying to delete api acCore, however ehom ever set this up has linked it to everything, so i will not delete. How do i override and delete it
Richard Jimenez 9Richard Jimenez 9
Hi,

I hope you are doing this is a sandbox first before getting anywhere near your production org!

Deprecating code/configuration in a org needs to be handled very carefully. You should go through the org and identify all dependencies. I would start by building a list of all the dependencies I can find, then build an approach around the different items that need to be removed. You can first start by marking items like objects are 'In Development', deactivate items, comment-out code, remove from layouts and change items names / descriptions to include 'DEPRECATED'. Update the list to include the manual changes you are making. Test the sandbox thoroughly to check everything is still behaving correctly and the items are nolonger running or visible. When the regression tested is completed you can repeat the same steps in production manually / with a changeset.

If you prefer, you can use ANT deployment scripts to automate removal of the items completely, but only use if you fully understand the process and any risks.

Thanks,
Richard.