function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Glenn Nyhan 26Glenn Nyhan 26 

Multiple Buttons for Linking Contact to Flow (Case Object)

Ok, here is my problem and maybe someone can come up with a solution. I'm working with a nonprofit which has a volunteer hotline. They have for years been using a static flat file database to capture intake info for their volunteer hotline. The script has zero logic, its just question/answer with no logical branching. I created a really nice script in Flow with some pretty niffty decision trees and programming. They way I initially set it up was that the volunteer hotline rep would go to the Contact tab, see if a contact already existed and if so scroll down to the Cases related list and click the New Case button which through a Visual Force page script I over wrote the button programming with would then take the user to the Flow script. If the Contact did not exist, they create one, and then follow the same procedure. It all worked just fine. Click the button, goes to the Flow script, go through the questions, create record and bingo the Case fields are all populated and the Case is attached to the correct contact. 

So this worked just fine, but as usual we had some up happy camper volunteers who didn't want to use the script. So I added another button with the original New Case scripting to the Contact layout. But, every time that got clicked it still went to the Flow script instead of the Case object where the volunteers who didn't want to use the script could manually fill in the fields without going through the scripted questions. As this was the Case I simply created a tab so they could created a Contact or pull one up, go to the Volunteer Hotline Case tab, go through the Flow script and then manually attached it to the Contact. 

Here is the problem, now they are not happy with this solution. They want to have it both ways i.e. 2 buttons, one which goes from Contact to New Case (with Flow script) and one that goes from the Contact to the Case tab so the fields can be filled in manually. And it thats not enough, when a rep is using the Flow when they reach the end and a new Case record is created they also want the Case to automatically close, which I don't this is possible. Does anyone have a solution where I can have 2 buttons on the Contact layout which will fulfill their needs, i.e. one that goes to the Flow script from the Contact, so that it creates a new case with attached contact, and one that goes from the Contact to the Case so the Case fields can be filled out manually. Personally if they are to lazy to simply hit the close case button, to bad.