function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Arvind BalijepalliArvind Balijepalli 

trigger help - question on page 214 apex reference dev guide

I am referring to the page 214 on apex dev guide and confused with the table as such , am okay with first and second column of it ,but did not get what below meant ? can someone pls explain me 
  • Can update original object using an update DML operation
  • Can delete original object using a delete DML operation
William TranWilliam Tran
It's exactly what it said - it tells you whether you can perform an update or delete for each trigger event.

For example: Can update original object using an update DML operation

After insert,  you can update the field value of the object because update is allowed.

As a common practice, if your question is answered, please choose 1 best answer.
But you can give every answer a thumb up if that answer is helpful to you.

Thanks

Arvind BalijepalliArvind Balijepalli
thanks for your reply ! but i dont think i get it quite right , if i taken an example of after trigger ,what does below statement signify ? what object is the statement referring to ? 
  • Can delete original object using a delete DML operation
             -Allowed, but unnecessary. The object is deleted immediately after being inserted.
William TranWilliam Tran
A trigger is always triggered for a specific object record.  The statement is saying you can delete on an after insert but why do that since it just means  they can't add.  Again a trigger is executed on a specific object record like account abc company with id 123456.  Thx

note when multiple records are changed the trigger can be executed for those specific records.  Again the key is specific record(s).

Please mark best answer if your question is answered.