function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GaggarGaggar 

Am not able to add a new section to existing page layout.

Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Gaggar,

What is the error you seeing on the screen.
Also please paste some screenshots so that it will be easy to troubleshoot it.

Regards,
Mahesh
GaggarGaggar
I encountered following message while taking a challenge on my Beginners admin trailhead --> UI Customization --> Modifying Page Layouts

"If you believe that you have set this up properly and are still having problems, ensure that you are NOT using Record types for the Contact object. This challenge will not work with Record types so you will need to sign up for a new DE org and use that instead for this module."
BHinnersBHinners
Did you go to the specified page layout for Contact?  If you have multiple page layouts, it could be looking at the wrong one.  When you look at the Contact page (using the Trailhead specified layout), do you see the section you added?  If so, then try a brand new DE org or Admin Playground org.  If you cannot see the section you added when you view the page, go through the instructions again, from the start.  

Note that typos and spelling errors can cause Trailhead to sometimes fail.  It is best to copy and paste text from the challenge into the org whenever possible to avoid typos.  
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Gaggar,

Please make sure that you don't have any Record Types on the Contact object.

Also make sure that you are using the DE id which was created using below URL:

https://developer.salesforce.com/

Regards,
Mahesh
GaggarGaggar
Thanks BHinners! But, am still stuck up! Not knowing, where to add new section to an existing page layout!
@Mahesh - I do not have any Record Types on Contact object. I just need to know, where is the option for adding "New Section" on an existing object found ?
BHinnersBHinners
Go to Setup and find the standard object by starting to type its name on the setup search (don't hit enter). Select the object. Go to page layouts. Select "Edit" for the Page Layout you need for Trailhead. On the Page Layout screen, with the default "Fields" selected, look for "Section" at the top-left corner of the grid of fields, directly under the Quick Find. You can drag and drop that "Section" anywhere onto the page layout below the menu grid. :)
fajil tfajil t
plz follow this link 
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000004503
fajil tfajil t
Hi Gaggar look exactly here i hope it will b usefull you
have look in page layout editor

Thank you,
FAjil.