function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John Lay 9John Lay 9 

ISV Dev Trailhead modules, require ISV account?

To complete the ISV modules, are you required to have an ISV account? 

Or how do you get a dev org with environment hub?

Best Answer chosen by John Lay 9
Michael_WhiteMichael_White
John,
It is actually possible to complete this module using two standard developer edition orgs.  You can create and upload the package in one org and install it (via the url) in a second org. It takes 5-10 minutes after you upload the package from the 1st org before it will be available for install but should work fine after that.  The package installs just like any other app from the App Exchange and only take a few minutes to complete. Once the package is installed, just connect to the second org from the Trailhead module and allow it to confirm that the package is present.

All Answers

SarfarajSarfaraj
To get environment hub you need to raise a case with Salesforce.com support. In case you do not have access to Salesforce support, you may register for a free partner account here https://partners.salesforce.com/
John Lay 9John Lay 9
Thank you Akram. I had found that link, but seems its under maintenance tonight. I'll give it a try in the morning.

John.
SarfarajSarfaraj
Yes it is under maintenance now and will be available soon.
John,
It is actually possible to complete this module using two standard developer edition orgs.  You can create and upload the package in one org and install it (via the url) in a second org. It takes 5-10 minutes after you upload the package from the 1st org before it will be available for install but should work fine after that.  The package installs just like any other app from the App Exchange and only take a few minutes to complete. Once the package is installed, just connect to the second org from the Trailhead module and allow it to confirm that the package is present.
This was selected as the best answer
John Lay 9John Lay 9
Thank Michael, yes I've found how to create the package and upload. It was slick.  My problem was with trying to follow the steps in hte module to link the orgs. As you stated, linking the orgs was unnecessary.  It really is a cool module once you figure out this point.  I think I'll recommend they explain how to do this better for non-ISV Trailhead'ers.

Thanks.
John.

John,
I think that you make a good point there.  Based on the way things are worded now, I would expect a significant increase in the number of requests for Partner orgs solely for the use of this module.  

John Lay 9John Lay 9
True.  I spoke with our Customer Success director at SF and found out that the Trailhead team has reconginized this module needs some adjusting. When they wrote it, they had in mind that only ISV partners would try it.  Little did they know that Trailhead adicts (I'm one) would want to complete it.
John.
Munira MajmundarMunira Majmundar
'Sign Up for an ISV Partner Account in the Partner Community'
Take your first step in joining the ISV Partner Program in the Partner Community. The best part: It’s easy and free.

When I try to sign-up as a Consultant and open a Partner Account, I am told that I will be charged!

What am I doing wrong here?  Can someone help clarify?

Thanks
Munira
John LayJohn Lay
Munira,
You do not have to sign up for an ISV Partner account to complete this module.

You are able to create packages and deploy them without having a partner account, this is what the module is teaching us.

Follow the steps in the module with a developer org and it works. I'm sure you will be successful.

John.
Munira MajmundarMunira Majmundar
Thanks!! Will try!