function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Margaret BowserMargaret Bowser 

The Use of Data Import Wizard instructions do not work at this website: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.fundamentals.meta/fundamentals/adg_relationships_import_wizard_try_it_out.htm. Error message says I have to have a user field. Help

Can anyone help?  The instructions on that website no longer follow Salesforce in real life. When I try to add a user column, per the SF instructions I get an error message.  Please help.
BHinnersBHinners
Were you able to select "none" for record owner as specified in Step 5?
Select None for the record owner field. We didn't include a User field in the CSV file to designate record owners. The Import Wizard assigns you as the owner of all new records.
@Karanraj@Karanraj
Make sure that you have select followings as per the below screenshot

User-added image

If you have created fields in the position object as per the document then it will automap all the fields

User-added image

In the sample csv file 'Hiring Manager' will be in text, if you want to map the Hiring manager field to your user records. Get the salesforce id of active user record and replace with the Hriring manager column in the csv file and then do the import process. If you still face the error, if could the share shareshot of error message, it will be more easy for us to assist you better.
Margaret BowserMargaret Bowser
Here is the error message that I am getting.  My print screen key will not allow me to put a screen shot here.  One more thing to figure out, later.  And thanks for the previous fast replies.  Let me know where I am going wrong. 
You can proceed with the import, but if you don't address the warnings the data might include errors.
Hiring Manager: 12 values: id value of incorrect type: Gina Bowser, Margaret Bowser, Nancy Boich, Patty Elm, Susan Dey

I chose match by: none
I did use User field Record Owner: none
I choose Which User field in your file do you want to match against to set the Hiring Manager lookup field?Salesforce.com Id

and then I get that error message as shown above.  Any suggestions?  Thanks for any help.

Eduardo Pagliarulo 4Eduardo Pagliarulo 4
I had the same problem,

to solve it Instead of the Full Name of the user, I used their Salesforce.com ID.

To find out a what is a user's Salesforce.com ID , from anywhere in Salesforce, right click on the user name and copy their link address. You should get something like https://eu6.salesforce.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is the Salesforce.com ID, so put that one in the CSV. Your import should work now.

It would be interesting to know whether there is a way to use the User's full name instead of their Salesforce.com ID though?

Thanks,
Eduardo

Ion Tanasov 1Ion Tanasov 1
I have the same issue. 

i am trying to import through "Import Data Wizzard" the following CSV files:
1. C:\recruiting\Positions.csv 
2.  C:\recruiting\Job_Applications.csv

The importation process goes through , but the files are not imported. can someone advise me what am i doing wrong ? 

Position csv report

Here are the steps i am asked to perform:
Requirements

The steps that i follow:

Step 1
step 1
Step 2

Step 2

Step 3

In this step i must choose to Map the HIRING MANAGER FIELD, however, the field is not availble , any idea why ? 

Step 3

I would greatlly appreciate any support with this issue, i ve been stuck for days and can't continue because of it. 

Thanks 
Renuka RanapalRenuka Ranapal
I have a same issue with Ion Tanasov 1 . PLEASE HELP, struggling with this for whole day.
Renuka RanapalRenuka Ranapal
Eventhough I can find the Hiring manager field to map after setting in salesforce.com ID , it imports the file but shows the record process failed...Please Help

Bharath B 1Bharath B 1
Hi All,
Select Salesforce.com ID as shown in the image. This will solve your problem.User-added image
Mark MacGillivrayMark MacGillivray
I am hacking my way through this problem and I feel that something is wrong with the date format and that this issue is preventing the data from uploading.  
KkngKkng
Hi, I am facing problems while importing positions.csv file. I have followed the steps mentioned above.
1. I have copied Hiring manager column in csv file with My salesforce user ID ...that starts with 005*******
2.I have selected hiring manager to salesforce.com ID and mapping with position title with positon name. 
User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image

Still facing errors: please see:
"Id","Success","Created","Error"
"","false","false","MALFORMED_ID:Hiring Manager: id value of incorrect type: 005f2000007P1:Hiring_Manager__c --"
"","false","false","MALFORMED_ID:Hiring Manager: id value of incorrect type: 005f2000007P1:Hiring_Manager__c --"
Please help me here..