function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adeline MooreAdeline Moore 

Create a Guest Administrator and deactivate it

I Keep failing this challenge for the below reason:
The user's profile was not set to System Administrator

Here is my screen shot of my users profile Please what am I doing to fail this?
User-added image

Best Answer chosen by Adeline Moore
Naval Sharma4Naval Sharma4
Hi Adeline,

You may have created multiple contacts with the same "guestadmin" in the e-mail so the machine couldn't verified because there are multiple contacts and not one.

Let me know if you still face this issue.

Regards,
Naval

All Answers

Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal

Hi Adeline,

Can you please share the original question of the task also, so that we can check out what are the original requirements.
Without knowing the original requirement it is quite difficult for us to find out the mistake that you may or may not be doing.

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal

JyothsnaJyothsna (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi ,

We will have only 2 licenses of "Salesforce" so you have to make sure that you have only onle user with the "Salesforce" license before you do this chanllenge. You have more than one user with the "slaeforce" license please deactivate one of the user and assign a new user with this license so that System Admin profile can be assigned.

you can check the total Licenses and used Licenses by looking into Setup -------> Administer ->CompanyProfile -->   Company Information.

The username is unique across all salesforce orgs. Just put a number at the unique name (eg: guestadmin1234@gmail.com ).

Hope this helps you!
Best regards,
Jyothsna
Here is a copy of the original question. I did have 2 active System Administrators set up so I went into one of their profiles to clone a new System Administrator.

Create a Guest Administrator and deactivate it
Your Developer Edition comes with a System Administrator user. Create a new user using the System Administrator profile and then deactivate that user to preserve the licenses in your org.
The new user must use the System Administrator Profile.
The username for the new user must include 'guestadmin' somewhere in it.
The new user must be inactive.

I did keep creating a user with guestadmin as the user name but was unable to select System Administrator as their profile. I can not delete them now so I have been adding numbers to the user name to try and complete this challenge again here is my screen shot of the user name cloned from System Administrator profile. It looks like everything is accurate.

User-added image 
Here are the failed attempts listed 

User-added image
Hi Adeline,

,Every Dev org gives you two full salesforce licenses to use. 
Create a new user using the System Administrator profile and then deactivate that user to preserve the licenses in your org.
Did you assign the System Administrator profile to your user?

1. You need to the Set the User License to Salesforce.
2. Now change the Profile to be System Administrator.
3. Then proceed with the rest of the steps.
Here is the screen shot from my newly created user: 1. You need to the Set the User License to Salesforce. Check done 2. Now change the Profile to be System Administrator. Check done 3. Inactive. Check done 3. Then proceed with the rest of the steps. this was all of the steps Name Guestadmin6 Role Alias gues User License Salesforce Email guestadmin6@national.org Profile System Administrator Username guestadmin6@national.org Active [image: Not Checked] Nickname guestadmin6 Marketing User [image: Not Checked] Title Offline User [image: Not Checked] Company Knowledge User [image: Not Checked] Department Force.com Flow User [image: Not Checked] Division Service Cloud User [image: Not Checked] Address Site.com Contributor User [image: Not Checked] Time Zone (GMT-07:00) Pacific Daylight Time (America/Los_Angeles) Site.com Publisher User [image: Not Checked] Locale English (United States) Work.com User [image: Not Checked] Language English Salesforce Classic User [image: Not Checked] Delegated Approver Mobile Configuration Manager Mobile Push Registrations View Receive Approval Request Emails Only if I am an approver Data.com User Type Newsletter [image: Not Checked] Accessibility Mode [image: Not Checked] Admin Newsletter [image: Not Checked] Color-Blind Palette on Charts [image: Not Checked] Federation ID Send Apex Warning Emails [image: Not Checked] App Registration: One-Time Password Generator Salesforce1 User [image: Checked] App Registration: Salesforce Authenticator Salesforce CRM Content User [image: Checked] Receive Salesforce CRM Content Email Alerts [image: Checked] Receive Salesforce CRM Content Alerts as Daily Digest [image: Checked] Make Setup My Default Landing Page [image: Not Checked] Force.com Quick Access Menu [image: Checked] Development Mode [image: Not Checked] Show View State in Development Mode Make Setup My Default Lan
Still not working
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Hi Adeline Moore,

Yes issue is coming because of multiple deactive user name with guestUser Name and standard profile .
Please change all other user userName and there should be only one deactive user with guestUser with System admin profile(use standard profile only)

Let us know if that will help yoy

Hi Adeline,

You may have created multiple contacts with the same "guestadmin" in the e-mail so the machine couldn't verified because there are multiple contacts and not one.

Let me know if you still face this issue.

Regards,
Naval
This was selected as the best answer
Ted BurgTed Burg
I'm having a similar problem. "Salesforce" isn't displayed in the User License dropdown, so I can't choose the System Admin profile. The licenses displayed are Chatter External, Chatter Free, Force.com App Subscription, Identity, Partner App Subscription, Salesforce Platform, Work.com Only, and XOrg Proxy User. None of them offer a System Administrator profile.
Ted BurgTed Burg
I deactivated one of the 2 Salesforce users I had and then the Salesforce license and Sys Admin profile became available
James CrownJames Crown
I had two users with the salesforce license but one was not system admin.  I changed the other one to another license.  If you have this problem and fix it it will take 5-10 for the change to be completely done.  I tried the challenge immediately and it failed.  I tried 10 minutes later and allowed with to assigned the salesforce and system administrator
HIMANSHU KUMAR TIWARYHIMANSHU KUMAR TIWARY
I was doing the same but now I am not able to launch the developer playground. what should I do now

Varun Gulati 52Varun Gulati 52
solution for this problem is to give username guestadmin and after that you can add any number before using @**** then you will complete this task 
claudia schulzclaudia schulz
guestadmin issue
claudia schulzclaudia schulz
I believe I am currently system administrator but i cannot alter the guestadmin, as they say there are ones used and then i made a unlikely 'guestadmin' @ email and it shows this error, and suggestions?

Celio XavierCelio Xavier
Pessoal, tive o mesmo problema, no entanto, consegui concluir o exercício com os seguintes dados: 

FirstName = guestadmin
LastName = guestadmin
Alias = guess
Email = guestadmin1234@gmail.com
Username = celioxavierr@gmail.com.guestadmin
NichName = User15961609837111158279

Abraços!!!
Prachi Sawarkar 3Prachi Sawarkar 3
Please anybody tell me how to deactivate salesforce license to complete this challenge as in user license dropdown the salesforce is not coming.
Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Hi Prachi, Please follow the steps below: 1. Go to System Admin Profile 2. Click on View Users 3. Select one user that you can deactivate. 4. Once deactivated, you will see the Salesforce license in the drop down. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Abhishek Bansal.