function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bharath kumar 52bharath kumar 52 

How do i remove the action column in approval history related list in VF page?

Hi All,

We are working on a scenario where we need to display the approval history related list on a VF page.
However, it displays the approval history related list along with the "Reassign | Approve/Reject" link in the action column for users who are not authorized to access the claim other than submitting it.
Below is the screenshot where the users who submits the claim can go and approve or reject the claim.(Which shouldn't be the case.)
I have tried creating a new profile with limited permissions to test it, yet the issue persists.
Can anyone please highlight the mistake that i am doing?
(Note : We have used an approval process which will take care of the approval or rejection.)

Approve reject appearing in approval history for unauthorized users

Best Answer chosen by bharath kumar 52
JethaJetha
There are some consideration that needs to taken care of,
  1. User should not have modify all permission for that perticuler object on which you have defined approval process
   2. User should not have admin priveldge "Modify All data" permission.

Please let me know if user are able to approve request without these two permission.

All Answers

JethaJetha
There are some consideration that needs to taken care of,
  1. User should not have modify all permission for that perticuler object on which you have defined approval process
   2. User should not have admin priveldge "Modify All data" permission.

Please let me know if user are able to approve request without these two permission.
This was selected as the best answer
JethaJetha
Approval Process History With View All Data PermissionApproval Process History Without View All Data Permission
bharath kumar 52bharath kumar 52
@Jetha SF thank you that resolves the issue :)
Mac SwiftMac Swift
Hi I am also facing the same issue! and very new to the salesforce. Could you please let me know the steps how to change the "Modify All data" permission options
Nikhil dev 2Nikhil dev 2
Hi Jetha,

I have my own custom button(custom code) to approve/reject the approval process. I want to hide approce/reject links for all users (including actual approver) so that we can force users to use custom button to approve reject the record. OR is there any way I can show some type of error message to users when they click on approve/reject button?

Thanks,
​​​​​​​Nikhil