function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anil ShekharAnil Shekhar 

Deploying a salesforce application onto a docker container and using the container.

Hi Everyone,
I am seeking some info regarding how to deploy a salesforce application onto a docker container and being able to use the container for testing ... Thank you in advance. 
pconpcon
What kind of application are you looking to deploy?  There should be no significant difference between deploying a Salesforce connected app and any other app of the same language on Docker.  Can you please expand on what you are trying to do and what issues you are seeing.
Ashrith Marpaka 3Ashrith Marpaka 3
hey pcon, can you explain a little more. I am interested in learning how to build a connected app and deploy it on Docker?
pconpcon
There is nothing more to really expalin.  You can treat a "Salesforce connected app" like any other application that is deployed in Docker.  The best way to get started would be to figure out what language you are going to write it in, then figure out how to use that language to write an application deployed in Docker.  Then figure out how to interface with Salesforce with that language.  Deploying to Docker is not related in anyway to Salesforce.
Ashrith Marpaka 3Ashrith Marpaka 3
ah! got it. I thought you were able to spin up salesforce instances as images :) thank you for clarification.