function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paul NormanPaul Norman 

Request for Verification code every time I log in from various devices or locations

Hi All,

I'm very new to Saleforce Enterprise via the web.
I have been setup as a user, and performed the first time verification code request, but I'm required to do this everytime I log in from varoius devices ( iPhone , iPad , Mac , Windows PC etc ..) It looks like this is required when you pick up diifference IP address ?

This will be an issue as I will be logging in using mobile 3G and variuos hot spots etc... ( + Home etc )
Does anyone know how to turn this security feature off... As other members dont appear to have this issue ?

Many Thanks ...Paul
Rupali PophaliyaRupali Pophaliya
Hi Paul,

Since an IP address isn’t a reliable indicator of a user’s identity, Salesforce has changed their risk-based authentication protocol with the Spring '16 release.

Check this link: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000232553&language=en_US
JyothsnaJyothsna (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Paul,

To reduce the number of identity verification prompts for your users, Salesforce recommends that you implement one or more of the following solutions.

1. Add login IP restrictions to user profiles. Specify a range of trusted IP addresses from which profile users can log in without being prompted to verify their identity. For detailed steps on how to do this, review theRestrict Login IP Addresses in the Original Profile User Interface article.

2. Change browser privacy settings to save cookies for Salesforce sites. This may be done at the admin or end user level. Before making any changes in your browser, verify with your IT department that the changes comply with your security policies.

3. Set trusted IP ranges for your org. Specify a range of IP addresses from which all of your users can log in without being prompted to verify their identity. For detailed steps on how you may do this, review the Set Trusted IP Ranges for Your Organization article. (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=security_networkaccess.htm&language=en_US)

Hope this helps you!
Best Regards,
Jyothsna