function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

for lookup displayed in detail page of pagelayput, need to display text field instead of autonumber

Hello,

I have a a object with autonumber as mandatory one.
I use this object as a lookup in other object.
when the lookup is displayed, it display the autonumber on detail page, but i want it to display other text (Name__c) instead of autonumber.

How can iachieve it ?
Best Answer chosen by Ab
JethaJetha
Actually your standard Name field is autonumber and system will show up standard name field in related object's lookup.

So all you need to do is go to object's standard name field and click on edit and change it to Text field and that would work as your Name field and would be text field and also writable............

All Answers

JethaJetha
Why Don't you make Name field as a required field instead of Autonumber...............
AbAb
Hi Jetharam,
How will it solve my issue ?
JethaJetha
When you create any object, It will ask you for Name field as Text or Autonumber, So can make that field as Text and if you need any autonumber field than create another custom field...........User-added image
AbAb
I have created a autonumber field and also a custom field.
But in lookup it always displays this autonumber field but it doesnot disply the custom (text) field i have created
JethaJetha
Actually your standard Name field is autonumber and system will show up standard name field in related object's lookup.

So all you need to do is go to object's standard name field and click on edit and change it to Text field and that would work as your Name field and would be text field and also writable............
This was selected as the best answer