function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Yazz_KYazz_K 

Use Lightning Connect to link an External Object with Salesforce Users Issue

Part of the questions asks for the following:

"Change the 'UUID' field on the 'Phone__x' external object to be an indirect lookup relationship to the 'User' standard object. Use the 'Phone_UUID__c' field as the matching key for this indirect lookup relationship."

Every time I create this Indirect Relationship, it just allows me to select the "Accounts" Object, not the User object. Why is this happening? Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Yazz_K
Yazz_KYazz_K
Figured it out. Did not select the field as "Unique" and therefore it won't show up on as a selectable object.

All Answers

Yazz_KYazz_K
Figured it out. Did not select the field as "Unique" and therefore it won't show up on as a selectable object.
This was selected as the best answer
Logan Pounders 1Logan Pounders 1
I am still having an issue with this challange, how did you get the user object to appear in the indirect lookup?  I am only seeing the account object so each time when I check the challange I get the following error "The User standard object does not have a custom field with the API name 'Phone_UUID__c'.
Tanuj TyagiTanuj Tyagi
Hi Logan , you should create a  'Phone UUID' custom field on the User standard object .The field should be of type 'Text' and marked as 'Unique' and 'External ID'. If you dont mark it as unique it wont appear in the lookup.
Munira MajmundarMunira Majmundar
I did mark my Phone_UUID as Unique and ExternalID.  And, I believe the indirect relationship has been established.  Then, why am I still getting the error:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Phone__x' external object is not correctly setup with an indirect relationship to the User standard object.

Pl. refer to the following screen shots below:

User-added image

User-added image

Please help.  Thanks a bunch!!

Regards,
Munira

Lajos Kelemen from TampereLajos Kelemen from Tampere
I selected the phones external object as deployed
md rafimd rafi
Hi yazz, i wanted to know whether you are performing any insert operation on external objects.?
Alejandro Ortega AsunAlejandro Ortega Asun
Hi Munira, can you verify if your "phones" external object have an "s" at the end of de API name? The API name should be phone__x instead of phones__x.
Alex,