function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SA Sales OperationsSA Sales Operations 

Error Importing contacts

I'm trying to use Data Import wizard to update existing contacts but I'm receiving this error message. 'Your import failed: Import for object Account did not succeed. Error received - null'. I have just three columns in my import file, namely Contact ID, Contact Owner and SDR owner(custom field). What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Matthew CokeMatthew Coke

well, to start, which column(s) are null ;)

Honestly, in order to troubleshoot this further, I/we would need more information about the import file

Hi
There are no columns named 'null' . All I'm trying to do is update values of the 'SDR owner' field for some contacts. The 'SDR owner' field is a custom picklist field. 
Matthew CokeMatthew Coke
yes, but what are the entries in the columns (not the column names). Have you left something blank?
nope..I have'nt left anything blank. Contact ID has Contact Id's Contact owner has the onwer names and SDR owner has SDR names(names of people). It's very simple. I've never faced this error before. Done it a thousand times. Extremely frustrated with this now
M SM S
Make sure you have given the picklist field value as one of the values defined in the picklist or check whether your picklist field strictly enforces Picklist values only setting which you keep while creating the field.

Thanks
Matthew CokeMatthew Coke
if it doesn't resolve itself soon i'd go ahead and reach out to salesforce support. could be an api issue