function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EmmaJ1234EmmaJ1234 

How do I do a vlookup in Salesforce?

Hi,

We are looking to use Salesforce for a bespoke purpose, whereby we have two objects - one with live orders ('Live') and one with archived orders ('Archived'). We would like to add a formula to the 'Live' object which looks up the item ID in the 'Archived' object and returns the lowest price that is listed. This will help us to find the best price that has been paid for a particular item.

Thanks in advance.
SobSob
You need to write a custom code to achieve this. There is nothing out of the box that you can achieve this with. For the rollup summary field to work, you need to have the master detail relationship between the live orders and archieved orders.
EmmaJ1234EmmaJ1234
Thanks for your advice. I will try the rollup field now, using the master detail relationship and will let you know if I have any further questions. I will also look into custom code if that doesn't work. Many thanks, Emma
Susan Harris 6Susan Harris 6
If you haven't already resolved this, Rollup Helper can rollup via lookup relationship and can be installed free from the AppExchange: http://goo.gl/CqJrtH

Full Disclosure: I work for Passage Technology - the makers of Rollup Helper.