function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Piyush Nath 1Piyush Nath 1 

issue in completing challenge under Data security (Defining Sharing Rules)

issue in completing challenge under Data security (Defining Sharing Rules) I have done all things ,like making Organization-Wide Defaults as Private and creating a group for rule Training coordinator and providing readonly access for Project data based on priority. but still getting error as "The sharing rule did not behave as expected. "
Best Answer chosen by Piyush Nath 1
Chandra Sekhar CH N VChandra Sekhar CH N V
can you cross check with the below screenshot

User-added image

All Answers

Chandra Sekhar CH N VChandra Sekhar CH N V
can you cross check with the below screenshot

User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
Piyush Nath 1Piyush Nath 1
ya i had same, but dont knw,i just deleted and recreated this rule ,then it is working. :(
Ryan William SchorrRyan William Schorr
One thing that is slightly misleading about this challenge is that it says:

"The organization-wide defaults for Project cannot be set to 'Public Read/Write'."

This leads the user to believe that the organization-wide defaults for Project can be set to "Public Read Only". However, because the challenge also states the following:

"Project custom object records should only be seen by the owner of the record and users above the owner on the role hierarchy."

This means that the Project default access must be set to "Private". Try changing this value to "Private" if it's not already set to this value and check the challenge again.
Salesforce AnswersSalesforce Answers
These videos show the solution to this challenge.

Salesforce Classic =======> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmjcelEZJIo

Lightning Experience ======> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aQWjFgCK88
Chrissy WojtewiczChrissy Wojtewicz
This was a good trailhead, it had lots of stuff going on in the background. I had most of this done but got hung up on the location of project sharing rules. @trailheadanswers Your video was great! 
Mike RayMike Ray
Thanks @Ryan! I needed to change the OWD object to private! 
Joshua Ridenour 5Joshua Ridenour 5
Discovered (based off the @SalesforceAnswers video, thanks for that btw), that I was typing in "High" in the sharing rule criteria value field, rather than picking it via the magnefying glass.  This was the source of the error for me.  Once I selected it rather than typing it, it went through fine.

User-added image
hiroshi_yamatohiroshi_yamato
Thank you very much!!!
Chandra Sekhar CH N V!!!