function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Beatriz MinguezBeatriz Minguez 

Gender in an App

Can anyone tell me when creating an App there is a drop down list asking for the Gender? Can anyone put me an example of use?

Thanks, 

Bea 
Best Answer chosen by Beatriz Minguez
William TranWilliam Tran
Bea,

That field is dependent on your company's language (Setup->Company Profle->Company Information->language field)

"Gender: If it's appropriate for your organization’s default language, specify the gender of the label. This field appears if the organization-wide default language expects gender."

If it is some languages such as French where gender is expected, you will get that when creating apps, custom objects, etc.

If your language is English, you will not get the gender dropdown.

Here's more information:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=dev_quick_create.htm&language=en_US

As a common practice, if your question is answered, please choose 1 best answer.
But you can give every answer a thumb up if that answer is helpful to you.

Thanks

All Answers

James LoghryJames Loghry
What kind of an app are we talking here?  There are "Salesforce Apps" which are a collection of custom, standard object, visualforce or web tabs.  There are also connected apps which are meant to integrate with 3rd parties.  Neither of these directly support a picklist.  However, if you're talking about a dropdown on an object or visualforce tab, you could create a Picklist with values "Male" and "Female" on the sobject.
Beatriz MinguezBeatriz Minguez
James, 

I am asking about the example at the end of this tutorial for beginners: https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_dev_beginner/starting_force_com/starting_intro

When cerating the "Charitable App", it is mandatory to fulfill teh following:
- App Type
- Label
- Plural Label
My question is related to the "Gender" Field. I have no idea why it is needed and how to fullfill it.

Gender Field

Thanks for your answer.

Bea
William TranWilliam Tran
Bea,

That field is dependent on your company's language (Setup->Company Profle->Company Information->language field)

"Gender: If it's appropriate for your organization’s default language, specify the gender of the label. This field appears if the organization-wide default language expects gender."

If it is some languages such as French where gender is expected, you will get that when creating apps, custom objects, etc.

If your language is English, you will not get the gender dropdown.

Here's more information:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=dev_quick_create.htm&language=en_US

As a common practice, if your question is answered, please choose 1 best answer.
But you can give every answer a thumb up if that answer is helpful to you.

Thanks
This was selected as the best answer
William TranWilliam Tran
By the way, for your purpose, you can choose any value for gender.

Thx