function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paul MandelPaul Mandel 

Need to Delete / Remove a Salesforce Wave Dataflow?

I need to delete a Wave Dataset(s) but I can't do that because the dataset is associated with a Dataflow.

Thus, I need to delete the Dataflow; however, I'm unable to do so??

There are no instructions for doing so and one unable to upload a blank json file to replace the existing Datflow?

I need help with this specifically, since the datasets put me over my storage limit and prevent completion of other Trailhead trainings.  However, more generally there should be a simple delete Dataflow function, as other users have mentioned.
Best Answer chosen by Paul Mandel
Carolina Ruiz MedinaCarolina Ruiz Medina
Hi Paul, 
I think you can upload an empty json file ( I was able to 2 months ago or so), or delete the part you need  from the  json file  that you downloaded and re-upload it. 
In order to upload an empty json file you need to leave at least this : 
{}

Hope it helps! 

Thanks,
Carolina. 

All Answers

Carolina Ruiz MedinaCarolina Ruiz Medina
Hi Paul, 
I think you can upload an empty json file ( I was able to 2 months ago or so), or delete the part you need  from the  json file  that you downloaded and re-upload it. 
In order to upload an empty json file you need to leave at least this : 
{}

Hope it helps! 

Thanks,
Carolina. 

This was selected as the best answer
Paul MandelPaul Mandel
Thanks!
Syaiful Anuar Abdul LatifSyaiful Anuar Abdul Latif
To delete your dataset, you will need to click on the 'Edit' button of your dataset to identify the dataflow, where your dataset is located. For example if that dataset islocated at 'Default Salesforce Dataflow', then go to Dataflow & Recipe and edit 'Default Salesforce Dataflow'. Once you are in, you can search for the dataset that you want delete. Once that done, 'Update Dataflow'.

Next, go back to your dataset, and now you can delete your dataset.
Mahendra Singh 19Mahendra Singh 19
To Delete a Dataset you need to rightclik on right side icon then click Edit and Delete dataflow of that Dataset then Dataset will be deleted.