function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JoAnn@JCIJoAnn@JCI 

Share dashboard error

I'm getting the following error on the admin beginner trail; create and share a dashboard in the reports and dashboards module: There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: HCOAKAFC. Error: Faraday::Error::ResourceNotFound. Message: NOT_FOUND: The requested resource does not exist.

I went through other posts that reported the same error and most reference the presence of a namespace. I'm using a new org with no namespace registered so am not sure what the cause is. I'm wondering if it's related to the fact that I can't access the chatter tab in this org. I keep getting a data access error to the reocrds I'm trying to merge every time I click on the chatter tab. 
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Do you know if you have Chatter enabled?

Jeff Douglas
Trailhead Develoer Advocate
JoAnn@JCIJoAnn@JCI
It is - I was able to do all of the other exercises in the chatter module except that one. I did have to put all posts on the group I enabled.
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
So have you been able to share this dashbaord and pass the challenge?
JoAnn@JCIJoAnn@JCI
No - still getting the same error. The issue with the chatter tab is no longer a problem and I'm able to successfully post a snapshot of the dashboard to the feed - but still getting the following: 

There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: DBCQVETG. Error: Faraday::Error::ResourceNotFound. Message: NOT_FOUND: The requested resource does not exist
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
What is the URL for page that is throwing this error?

Jeff Douglas
Trailhead Developer Advocate
JoAnn@JCIJoAnn@JCI
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/reports_dashboards/reports_dashboards_sharing_notifications JoAnn Culbertson Salesforce.com Solution Architect Johnson Controls, Inc. 507 E Michigan Milwaukee, WI 53202 414-477-6778
Raghuvirsinha Jadeja 1Raghuvirsinha Jadeja 1

I am aslo getting same error.

There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: MXAGHLAE. Error: Faraday::ResourceNotFound. Message: NOT_FOUND: The requested resource does not exist

Page :

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_admin_beginner/reports_dashboards/reports_dashboards_sharing_notifications
wmonsefwmonsef
I am getting same error for same Trailhead exercise. New dev org. Any help will be appreciated! 
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_admin_beginner/reports_dashboards/reports_dashboards_sharing_notifications

Gunther Roskams 27Gunther Roskams 27
I've got the same error, trail Admin Beginner, Reports & Dashboards / Sharing and notifications.
URL: https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/en/reports_dashboards/reports_dashboards_sharing_notifications

It was a new dev org without a namespace, no result.
With a namespace, no result.

I see other users with another code (reference ID). I think it should be something to do with the resource 'Faraday' (what it might be)
wmonsefwmonsef
I followed the advice mentioned in posts about similar error...that is to create a new dev org. I used another user name and email when requesting the new dev org. I then completed the trailhead on this new dev org. This solved the issue for now. But I guess Salesforce better sort this out as above solution is just a workaround. Hope this helps.
Joaquin Peña FernandezJoaquin Peña Fernandez
I have a similar error on the module "Reports & Dashboards \ Sharing and Notifications".
Jeff Douglas (Personal)Jeff Douglas (Personal)
If you still need help with this issue, please send me an email (jdouglas@salesforce.com) with your credentials and I'll log into your org and take a look.

Thanks
Jeff Douglas
Gunther Roskams 27Gunther Roskams 27
Hi jeff,
I could solve the issue by creating a new dev org without any configuration (no other trailhead exercises, no domain). I read some suggestions it could be an activated domain, but I received the message with and without domain.

If you can solve the issue for the future, i will be nice :)
Kind Regards,
Gunther 
Jeff Douglas 35Jeff Douglas 35
Interesting. Thanks Gunther. I would have loved to have seen what the actual error the org was returning. 

Thanks!
Jeff
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
FYI, I'm taking with the developers now about this issue and will update as soon as I know something.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jeff Douglas
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
All, I've been working with a person on this thread along with a couple of engineers to figure out this issue. His problem is that a Chatter URL in the test we are using is throwing a 404 error. Not sure why right now but it looks like there are some records that he no longer has access to (perhaps via a merge) and it's causing an enternal error. I suspect this is a DE org he has been using for a number of Trailhead badges and we do a lot of crazy stuff inside them.

If you are experiencing this problem, your best bet is to sign up for a new DE org and then complete this module using it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jeff Douglas