function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rakesh SRakesh S 

Prepopulate value for picklist field

Hi All,

In Contact Object, Acivity History related list having Log a Call Button. When i click on Button then open a page and prepopulate some fields like Assigned To, Priority and Related To etc.. But here my problem is that "Related To" field(Picklist) is prepopulated with Opportunity object, Now i want to change that as "Patient" custom object.
Related To field having some values like Asset, Campaign, Case, Contact,Patient,Opportunity etc..

Can i change that field value ? Please let me know with appropriate solution.

Thanks
Rakesh
Vishal Negandhi 16Vishal Negandhi 16
Yes we can implement it. 
But out of curiosity, I would like to know that if you want to create an activity for a Patient record, why not log a call from the patient record instead of doing it from a Contact record.
Rakesh SRakesh S
Hi,

That is good creating a log a Call from patient. But my client is asking both from Contact and Patient object. 
Log a Call button is custom button with URL. So i did some modifications in URL but not working. I know, how to prepopulate field values for Text type but could not do for picklist type. 

How can i acheive this problem? Please help me any one. How can i change URL.
Arun Deepan LJArun Deepan LJ
Hi,
If you are creating a visual force page, you can query the patient record related to that contact and can show in a separate picklist
Rakesh SRakesh S
Hi,
I dont want to create a new page. it needs to modification from URL only. Can i change in URL ? Please let me know.
Rakesh SRakesh S
Hi All,

I am working on PE edition where classes are not available. So how can i acheave this.
Through Custom button URL is the most help full for me. 

Please help me for my question which i posted. 

Thank you.
Rakesh