function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John ClevelandJohn Cleveland 

HTML Email Template - Picklist as merge field

How many of you have a picklist as a merge field in an HTML email template? I have a very basic html email template where I'm using our company letterhead, and here's the line where I'm using a picklist.  The value on the record is not showing on the email templates that are going out via approval process.  After a few days, Salesforce is trying to tell me picklist fields aren't supported, but it worked one time where I used the "Send Test and Verify Merge Fields" button within the email template.  I'm meeting with support today, but wanted to check with the community to see if anyone else is using picklist fields in email templates.

Reason: {!Object_Name__c.Picklist_Field__c}
sharathchandra thukkanisharathchandra thukkani
Check the below Importnant point for Merge fields:
Ensure that the custom field name and label are unique for that object.If a standard and custom field have identical names or labels, the merge field displays the custom field value.
If two custom fields have identical names or labels, the merge field may display an unexpected value.If you create a field label called Email and a standard field labeled Email already exists, the merge field may be unable to distinguish between the fields. Adding a character to the custom field name makes it unique. For example, Email2.
BM 5BM 5
HI John,

Below is the response i got from salesforce, when am facing the same issue.

"While formulas do sometimes work in templates we don't officially support them. We have no documentation on them we almost always recommend the customer uses a Visualforce template if they have this requirement. If they don't want to go that route they can always create a formula field on the object that does this, and just merge that into the email template. "

Thanks,
BM
John ClevelandJohn Cleveland
I included other picklist fields on the object in the template and tested and the values for those other picklist fields showed up.   I was able to do this in a go to meeting with support.  They're supposed to be looking into the issue.