function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rob GoldiezRob Goldiez 

Community login access for full Salesforce users

We have a customer community setup and login is working fine for our customers.  Can we configure the community (or internal profiles) so that our employees (i.e., full salesforce CRM users) can login with their salesforce credentials to the community login page?

The specific scenario is that we are working on is a native iOS app for our customers to access community data and we'd like our employees to be able to use the same native app and not offer the ability for users to select where they want to login.  Right now, I have the app setup to point to the community login URL for oauth access.
Best Answer chosen by Rob Goldiez
Waqar Hussain SFWaqar Hussain SF
Go to Communities =>  All Communities => Click on Manage on the commnuty 
then go to administration tab then go to member and add profile of the salesforce user to the selected profile setting.

then go to browser and paste your community url. now under the userName, password and login button you will see another link for "employee log In" click on that link and login now with salesforce  user. 

All Answers

Waqar Hussain SFWaqar Hussain SF
Go to Communities =>  All Communities => Click on Manage on the commnuty 
then go to administration tab then go to member and add profile of the salesforce user to the selected profile setting.

then go to browser and paste your community url. now under the userName, password and login button you will see another link for "employee log In" click on that link and login now with salesforce  user. 
This was selected as the best answer
Rob GoldiezRob Goldiez
Vickey, appreciate your feedback.  I was familiar with that method but we were trying to use the new community builder page (vs a visualforce login page).  I think we're going to go with the method you outlined because it does indeed work.  Thanks for the feedback!