function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TB_3TB_3 

Delegated Authentication plus Social Sign-on

I wonder if Delegated Authentication can be enabled for a specific set of users in addition to Social Sign on. The idea is that a specific set of users can login to Salesforce either by providing username/password (which is going to be validated via Delegated Authentication) or by using their Facebook credentials.

All the examples that I saw so far were showing that Delegated authentication and Social sign-on can be enabled in Salesforce. My question is if they can be enabled together for the same set of users.

Federal authentication is not an option for multiple reasons.

Thanks
James LoghryJames Loghry
I talked with a couple of Salesforce's SSO sso gurus.  They said, and I quote, that this scenario "works great."
Pat PattersonPat Patterson
Right. If you enable both, what you should end up with is a login page with username/password fields and a 'Login with Facebook' button. Entering username/password would cause Salesforce to verify them against the configured SOAP service, while clicking the button would redirect you to FB for authentication.

Curious as to the use case here... Are you considering authenticating internal users against FB, or is this for a community?