function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brandon H. BarrBrandon H. Barr 

Lightning Builder Error

I am in the process of developing a lightning component but I have been running into issues when using the lighting app builder.

When navigating to People Tab > My User > Edit Page, I receive this error:

User-added image

As you can see, an error has happened during load. Notice that the error is behind the loading <div> rendering it unclickable.

I thought that this was an error in my own code. I deleted all lightning code from my org and tried again:

User-added image

I received this error in the console:
User-added image

In the first picture of this post, I was able to remove the loading box by deleting <div class="auraMsgBox auraLoadingBox" id="auraLoadingBox"></div> from the dom. Behind it was this error:

Uncaught error in umps|NA16$00Dj0000000KmGP_005j0000000S88z_02_7bc8b1ef-5370-411e-8ba8-673ec79653ca|0| : Converting circular structure to JSON

Has anyone seen this before or know of a fix/workaround?
Abhilash MAbhilash M
Does your App has any events The best way to run the app is through a Salesforce1 simulator (google chrom Extennsion)  beacsuse sometimes events events wont be properly handeled , when you preview/run through developer console.
Brandon H. BarrBrandon H. Barr
I am in an entirely clean org with no code or settings change. I am just trying to change the user record layout. I have isolated these errors to Chrome and occasionaly on Firefox. 
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Brandon,

We have internally determined that this error happens when you have either "Aura Inspector" or "Lightning Components Inspector" Chrome extension installed. R&D is working on fixing this in the latest release of the Inspector extension which should be out soon.

Until then, the workaround is to uninstall/deactivate the Inspector extension in your chrome, or you may try incognito in chrome or a different browser to use the App Builder.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Shashank Srivatsavaya
Senior Developer Advocate
Salesforce