function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hemant_JainHemant_Jain 

Grant Access using Territory hierarchy(Like Role Hierarchy)

Hi,

I have to display records to users as per territory hierarchy.

For example,
I have Object A - OWD is set to private.
Below is the type of Territory hierarchy

Territory 1(T1) -- > Territory 2(T2) -- > Territory 3(T3) --Territory 4(T4)

Here, Territory 2 is child of Territory1 , Territory 3 is child of Territory 2 and so on

Now, I wand the records created by  Territory 4 to be accessible to T1, T2 and T3.
Records created by T3, should be accessible to the users belonging to T1 and T2 and so on.

I am able to achieve this by creating sharing rules for the object, but here i need to create separate sharing rules for to share records with each of the territories above in the hierarchy.

Can we not achieve this as we do in role hierarchy?.

Inside each territory record, we have sharing groups: Territory,Territory, Territory and Subordinates. Can these be used some how to achieve this?

Best Answer chosen by Hemant_Jain
Hemant_JainHemant_Jain
I resolved this using Sharing Rules, Territory hierachy sharing settings are different from Role hierarchy it seems

All Answers

James LoghryJames Loghry
Are you using territory management, territories 2.0, or custom sharing / custom territories?  If you're using Salesforce's Territory Management feature, this article has a lot of useful information: https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/sfdc/pdf/tm_decision_guide.pdf
Hemant_JainHemant_Jain
I resolved this using Sharing Rules, Territory hierachy sharing settings are different from Role hierarchy it seems
This was selected as the best answer