function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TheLearnerTheLearner 

Refering the formula field from another formula field--urgent

Refering the formula field from another formula field--urgent

Hi Experts,

I have formula field called Notice Warning(Notice_Warning__c) it contain warning messages , i have another formula field called This is Validity__c(formula(Text)) , now my requirement is that , when ever below conditions occur in record i need to restrict the Notice Warning formula field message in the record as they amend in the below formula field. help me out please.

This is formula for Notice Warning: i need to amend the below c, d, e , conditions in this formula field not to display , here Notice_Type__c is picklist

IF 

Traffic_Sensitive__c = 'Yes', 
'Actual Start Date can move within Validity period, but Actual End Date will be fixed', 
if 

AND( 
Traffic_Sensitive__c = 'No', 
OR(Road_Type__c='Type 3', Road_Type__c='Type 4') 
), 
'Actual Start Date can move within Validity period, and Actual End Date will slide to include the full Duration', 
if( 
AND( 
Traffic_Sensitive__c = 'No', 
OR(Road_Type__c='Type 0', Road_Type__c='Type 1', Road_Type__c='Type 2') 
), 
'Actual Start Date can move within Validity period, but Actual End Date will be fixed', 
'' 

)

c) If Notice Type(Notice_Type__c(Text))  = Immediate Emergency, or Immediate Urgent 
Validity(Validity__c(Text) = within 2 hours 
(should not show Notice Warning – Not specific to Road Type)

d) If Notice Type field = Private 
Validity = n/a 

e) If Notice Type field = Private non noticeable 
Validity = n/a 
James LoghryJames Loghry
The Learner,

First off, adding "urgent" does not gaurantee a faster response.  In actuality, it probably does the opposite, as it ticks off those of us who dedicate our time to answering boards posts.

Second: Please use the code format buton (< >) when posting anything code, markup, or formula related.  It's typically easier to read, and allows us to copy and paste the code into our responses if need be.

Third: Your problem statement isn't 100% clear, as you don't provide a real diagram or anything as to what other conditions c,d, and e must meet.  For instance, are they only met when Traffic_Sensitive__c = 'No'?  

Third: This solution sounds like it is better solved with perhaps some rethinking around the business process.  Maybe a dependent field that the user selects, a visual flow, something of that nature.  Having a complicated formula like this with many potential outcomes, all text based, screams "change request" over and over and over and over again.

Quite frankly, there's not enough to go off here to give you a solution to your problem.  For instance, what logical branch(es) determine when you need to look at Notice Type?  If you could provide some sort of flow chart, that might help.  Again, however, this screams for a need of a business process improvement.