function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jprichterjprichter 

Using Basic Logic in Checkbox Formulas

Admin Advanced >  Advanced Formulas > Using Basic Logic in Checkbox Formulas

The formula I used is:
NOT(IsClosed) && (CloseDate <= (Today() - 1))
Also tried:
AND(NOT(IsClosed),(CloseDate <= (Today() - 1)))

The error code I get is:

"Hey McFly, unless you are planning to go back in time, please update your close date"

Trialhead is giving the error:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The validation rule does not reference the 'IsClosed' and 'CloseDate' fields correctly. Take a look at the requirements again.

When I test it out myself, it's working as expected. Any ideas on what it could be?
Best Answer chosen by jprichter
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Everyone, give it a try now. We just pushed a fix so that should do the trick.

Jeff Douglas
Trailhead Developer Advocate

All Answers

pconpcon
Strangely enough, I'm unable to get this to work as expected.  I've reached out to some contacts on the Trailhead team to see if the challenge is worded correctly.
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
We're looking at it. Thanks for letting us know. Will get back to you soon!
Tolga SunarTolga Sunar
Hello,

I'm stuck on this part as well. Recreated the formula many times, did tests on Opportunity records, but no success. I feel sorry for my wasted time on trying to fix something which is apparently a bug.

Please fix this.
merrick devillemerrick deville
I am having the same issue as well

Chris DuarteChris Duarte
We are working on a fix today. I will let you know once it is live. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Everyone, give it a try now. We just pushed a fix so that should do the trick.

Jeff Douglas
Trailhead Developer Advocate
This was selected as the best answer
merrick devillemerrick deville
Passed thank you
!
James LoghryJames Loghry
I jsut got this workin as well.
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Jeff Douglas FTW
Ryan William SchorrRyan William Schorr
Thanks for the fix! Apparently I did it right because when I checked again it worked.
Tolga SunarTolga Sunar
Thanks for the quick fix. Logged in, checked the challenge and passed it!
salesforcehiresalesforcehire

Today is 06 December 2016 and I am trying to complete this. I have tried several different ways to complete this and even looked on here at some of your examples and am gettign the same error regardless. Someone help please?

"There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: (Random 8 Character Code each time). Error: ArgumentError. Message: bad argument (expected URI object or URI string)"

Thank you in advance!

salesforcehiresalesforcehire
UpDate on above... when you get that error I was getting just log out and log back in and recheck the challenge. For some reason I only enctouner it on Validation Rules so far, lol.
Ryan William SchorrRyan William Schorr
Salesforcehire: It looks like you're getting a pretty fundamental error with the platform that may be extremely difficult to troubleshoot. As annoying as it may be, the easiest solution is to create a new dev org (https://developer.salesforce.com/signup (https://developer.salesforce.com/signup" target="_blank)), link it to your Trailhead account, and attempt the unit again. You should not need to complete any prior units to complete this challenge. Good luck!
Priya GunjkarPriya Gunjkar
Admin Advanced >  Advanced Formulas > Using Basic Logic in Checkbox Formulas
Hands-on challenge : 
Write a validation rule to ensure that an opportunity can only be created if its CloseDate is today or later.

The formula I used is:
AND(NOT(IsClosed) && CloseDate < TODAY())

Trialhead is giving the error:
Challenge not yet complete
We tried to create an opportunity with tomorrow as the CloseDate, but we couldn’t. Make sure the validation rule fires only when the CloseDate is in the past

I am wondering Why it is giving me such error.I tested this validation rule by entering close date greater than today in Opportunity,and its works fine there!  then why trialhead is giving me this error.
Please help!
Tómas GuðmundssonTómas Guðmundsson
I am having the same problem. Both with my own version, and the examples provided here. This challenge is broken.
Fernando Vargas 26Fernando Vargas 26
I used the validation rule that way AND(NOT(IsClosed) && CloseDate = (TODAY()-1)) and worked for me ..
Dane Maron 2Dane Maron 2
After battling for hours I had to create a 3rd org and used the formula Fernando provided above and it worked. You just have to create another org if it doesn't work.
Shubham DighoreShubham Dighore
 Please provide solution in the same issue.
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The validation rule does not reference the 'IsClosed' and 'CloseDate' fields correctly. Take a look at the requirements again.
Molly Mahoney 2Molly Mahoney 2
I had to create a new playground, then I went to the Opportunity Object on that new playground, created a new validation rule, used AND(NOT(IsClosed) && CloseDate = (TODAY()-1)) as my formula and it finally worked. 
Turan FedaiTuran Fedai
I used the validation rule that      AND(NOT(IsClosed) ,CloseDate < TODAY())  and it worked.