function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ashley ShealeyAshley Shealey 

Using Javascript/Visualforce to create a pop up box from list view of a custom object

Hello!
​I am looking for any ideas on how i could accomplish the following:
​I would like to have some sort of link on a list view (for a custom object) that would open a box in a new window (or pop up) that would display information from a certain field within/related to the record.  The key is to have this link available on the list view rather than going into the record. For some background, we have a Sales Center that can see all of our locations at a glance on our list view of stores. From this list view, the operatives have a link to open up an external webapge for each store. We would like to also have a link (or somthing) that would open a popup to display some important information about that specific store (example: Closed on Wednesday, 12/16/2015 for a company meeting). This could be pulled from a field in the record if needed.
​Any ideas? I am definetely not an expert on coding, so any assistance would be appreciated.
​Thanks
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
Have you looked at GridBuddy?  I'm pretty sure they can do things like this without needing to code much if at all...